Headquartered in Harrogate, Tennessee, Commercial Bank is a full-service financial institution with assets of $800 million and 200 employees. Commercial Bank is the 19th largest bank in Tennessee. Its holding company is Commercial Bancgroup, Inc. Commercial Bank provides an array of financial services to individuals and small businesses. The bank operates 19 retail branches in East Tennessee and Southeast Kentucky and a Loan Production Office in Nashville, Tennessee.
• Commercial Bank is a full-service commercial bank, providing a broad mix of financial services to businesses and individuals.
• Among the bank's markets are consumer, small business, middle market, real estate, and corporate.
• The bank also offers investment and financial management services and insurance services.
• The bank's commercial clients include communications, media, entertainment, energy, public utilities, retailing, and other specialty industries.
• Commercial Bank began in 1976 and has continually developed into a regional banking brand known for strong management and excellent customer service.
Our Mission to Our Customers
Quality service is our first priority, because it is the cornerstone in producing satisfied customers. Accordingly, our services and products will be market driven and delivered in a friendly and professional manner.
- Craig E. Robertson, Chairman of the Board
- Gary Burchett
- Jerry Carey
- Vaughn Graves
- Terry L. Lee
- S.A. Mars III
- Alan C. Neely
- Dorothy Neely
- Adam Robertson
- Mike Robertson
- James J. Shoffner
- Julian West
- B.J. Fortner (Emeritus)
- Edward M. Duncan (Emeritus)
- Terry L. Lee, Chief Executive Officer
- Adam Robertson, President, Central Region Executive Officer
- Alan Gilbert, Executive Vice President, Senior Lending Officer, Mortgage & Consumer
- John D. Howard, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Michelle Huddleston, Executive Vice President, Chief Operations Officer and Compliance Officer
- Dean LaRue, Executive Vice President, Southern Region Executive Officer
- Charles E. Lewis, Executive Vice President, Non-Traditional Banking
- Phil Metheny, Executive Vice President, Chief Auditor
- Billy Mayes, Executive Vice President, Human Resources
- Kenneth N. Raff II, ExecutiveVice President, Eastern Region Executive Officer
- Steve Rhodes, Executive Vice President, Northern Region Executive Officer
- Rick Sprinkle, Executive Vice President, Chief Credit Officer
Commercial Bank Milestones
June 9, 1976 - Founded by E. Oscar Robertson, Commercial Bank of Claiborne County was chartered on June 9, 1976 by the Tennessee Department of Financial Institutions to operate as a full-service bank.
November 1, 1976 - Commercial Bank opened for business in a mobile unit that served as a temporary office while the permanent location was being built. on November 1, 1977.
November 1, 1977 - Commercial Bank newly constructed main office in Harrogate, Tennessee, was completed and opened.
January 8, 1979 - Commercial Bank of Claiborne County opened its first branch in Speedwell, Tennessee.
November 1, 1982 - A second branch opened in New Tazewell, Tennessee.
April 23, 1986 - Commercial Bank of Claiborne County purchased Union County Bank by acquisition from the FDIC. This purchase brought three new locations, two in Maynardville and one in Luttrell. The bank’s name was changed to reflect the expansion of operations.
May 1, 1995 - Commercial Bank opened its first branch in Knox County, Tennessee in Halls.
May 4, 1998 - The second Knox County location was opened in Powell, Tennessee.
November 1, 2001 - Commercial Bank acquired Middlesboro Federal Bank with their four offices located in Middlesboro, Pineville, and Cumberland, Kentucky, and in the Fountain City Community of Knox County, Tennessee.
April 27, 2002 - Commercial Bank opened its West Knoxville Office at 10413 Kingston Pike.
November 29, 2005 - Commercial Bank celebrated the opening of a branch in Harlan, Kentucky.
December 1, 2006 - Commercial Bank completed construction of a full service bank in Pineville, Kentucky and opened the doors for business while continuing operation of its existing Pineville Branch at Long's Pic Pac.
June 15, 2007 - The Courthouse Branch, situated beside the Union County Courthouse in Maynardville, Tennessee, closed and the building was sold to the Union County government for much-needed office space.
January, 2008 - Commercial Bank announced the opening of a Commercial Loan Production Office in Kingsport, Tennessee. A lender and a loan administrator staffed the office space downtown. The bank had already been serving several commercial loan customers in the Tri-Cities.
March 14, 2008 - An exciting day in the history of the bank, with the announcement that Commercial Bank planned to acquire Union National Bank and Trust in Barbourville, Kentucky.
September 8, 2008 - Commercial Bank officially added five new branches and increased assets to over $712 million by the end of the year. The former Union National Bank branches reopened as Commercial Bank Branches – four in Barbourville and one in Corbin, Kentucky.
August 3, 2009 - Commercial Bank opened at 1072 East Stone Drive, Kingsport, Tenn. Commercial Bank was able to purchase the brand new facility of an unopened bank. This full-service branch replaced the downtown Loan Production Office.
February, 2014 - Commercial Bank opened a Loan Production Office in Nashville, Tennessee.